Sunday, September 21, 2008

Day Care

Well we finally got all our day care inorder. We originally had JC registered at a local center but at $134 a week (roughly $7000 a year), we decided to find something a little more economical. So Dad and Gene will be handling the majority of JC's care. Thursdays will be handled by a young woman named Jennifer we have hired. If we choose to use her full time in the future she only charges $80 a week (what a deal). She is a stay-at-home mom of 5 school age kids so with all that experience she was a good fit for us.

Now if anyone has any advice for this soon to be working mom I am all ears. Besides not wanting to leave my baby at all I am trying to figure out to get household things done, work, and spend time with my husband and baby. Here comes "Super Mom". All I hope is that I have more of my mom instilled in me than I ever thought because some how she managed to do it all.

1 comment:

Amy said...

That really is a smokin' deal! She sounds great! It really sounds like the best possible situation for you guys. I know it'll be hard to leave him, but it'll be nice to have a little bit of self, too. Just try to enjoy it, don't feel guilty, and have lots of fun when you're home! That's way more important than a sparkling house!!! And just think-with the $$ you're saving on daycare, you can hire someone to come once a month to do the deep cleaning :) --I totally would!!

About Us

My photo
"Yankee Born...Southern Living" Christine: Born and raised in Naugatuck, CT. I moved to SC to be closer to my dad when he retired. I am a graduate of Southern Connecticut with a degree in Liberal Studies. I currently work for Merrill Lynch and Old Navy but being a mom is the best job I have ever had. Gene: Claims to have grown up in NY but he spent most of his life in CT. He graduated from Taconic Hills and then headed to Porter and Chester for a trade in automotive- that he has never used. Gene currently works at Osprey Marina and loves spending his days outside with boats. He is also training to be a volunteer fireman. JC: Is the perfect toddler...or atleast he is in my eyes. He is still on a schedule that you can tell time by. He love country music, dancing to whatever beat he can find, helping with chores, and reading.