Thursday, November 27, 2008

I am thankful....

My friend Amy has been writing on her blog everyday for something she is thankful for and it has inspired me to take a moment and let everyone know how everything thankful I am for the following:
1. My wonderful husband who is doing a great job raising our son.
2. My father who uses his days off to help us out with JC
3. Cold days in the soouth...I hate the snow but I love a good sweater.
4. Friends new and old. You make my life a little bit more fun.
5. Doctors- without them JC would not be getting all the treatment he needs.
6. Lower gas prices- hey it sucks when you drive a suvan that sucks down gas.
7. A job- too many people are being laid off from there's so not only am I happy to have not one but two jobs but I am thankful for having jobs I enjoy.
8. Food on my table.
9. A beautiful baby boy that for the sake of my husband has once again figured out how to sleep through the night.
10. Did I mention a great husband who gets up with JC when he doesn't sleep through the night.
11. Good books. There is nothing like curling up with a good book before bed.
12. My washer and dryer. With the amount of laundry that gets done around here I pray everyday that they continue to work.
13. Wine- what can I say a good glass can make all the difference after a long day of work.
14. Tea, lipton to be precise. I love a cup of bed time tea at night, with my book of course. I also love the cup Gene brings me in the morning when I am getting ready for work.
15. Technology. Without my great camera I couldn't capture every moment of JC's life and without the internet I couldn't share them all with you. The telephone which allowed me to talk to our text alot of my friends and family today. Cell phones- with all there gizmos and gadgets no matter how far I need to be from home pictures and video allow me to not miss a moment.
16. Miss Minnie. No matter what kind of day she is always good for a cuddle and a kiss. She is a great dog.
17. My family. Through thick and thin we have pulled together. It's the little things we do for each other that make my family special.
18. JC's smiles. When he smiles at you he takes away all the stress and worries you may have.
19. Noggin. Though I can't stand most of the shows and I never wanted to use TV as a form of babysitting it has allowed me to shower everyday since JC was born and keep my housework looking decent.
20. Planes and cars. Allowing family to come visit for special occassions or surprising them by planning to be some place at the same time.
21. Once again I am thankful for my husband and baby. They have made my life full of joy and adventure. I look forward to all the memories to be made.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Christine! I am thankful to have you as a friend after all these years! And I'm so thankful for blogs so I can keep in touch with your beautiful family! Oh and can I say what a loved little boy JC is ! I LOVE the pics of Grandpa and RJ just doting over him! Just precious.

About Us

My photo
"Yankee Born...Southern Living" Christine: Born and raised in Naugatuck, CT. I moved to SC to be closer to my dad when he retired. I am a graduate of Southern Connecticut with a degree in Liberal Studies. I currently work for Merrill Lynch and Old Navy but being a mom is the best job I have ever had. Gene: Claims to have grown up in NY but he spent most of his life in CT. He graduated from Taconic Hills and then headed to Porter and Chester for a trade in automotive- that he has never used. Gene currently works at Osprey Marina and loves spending his days outside with boats. He is also training to be a volunteer fireman. JC: Is the perfect toddler...or atleast he is in my eyes. He is still on a schedule that you can tell time by. He love country music, dancing to whatever beat he can find, helping with chores, and reading.