Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Doggie Doors and Bathrooms

Well JC never seizes to amaze us. This weekend JC decided to see what it was like from Minnie’s view of the world so he crawled under the bed with her and got stuck. Then while I was using the bathroom he decided to what the weather was like outside so he climbed through Minnie’s doggie door. I thought I lost my child. I mean our house goes in a square…where could he possibly go right. So there I am calling his name, panicking, thinking he was just in the bathroom playing, it only take me like what 3 minutes to pee where the heck could this kid go. So as I round the corner into the kitchen I look at the door leading to the backyard and what to I see through the doggie door standing up on the deck my baby. I didn’t know if I wanted to beat him for scaring me or laugh to death about how funny this really was. There he was standing outside looking at the door thinking “huh now how do I get back in”.
What else is JC up to…learning how to open our doors. Oh yeah our house is becoming more childproofed each day. Gene was sitting on the couch yesterday and watched JC push door on the lever to our bathroom door and walk right in. Look how proud he is of himself in the video. Needless to say I went to Target last night and got a childproof door lock- only a few dozen more to get but at 12.99 a pop he’ll be 18 before we can afford to do all the doors.

2 comments:

Amy said...

When Halle was 2 1/2, her and Tyko escaped from the backyard while I was making lunch and wandered down the street (from our yard with 6ft cinderblock fences and a locked-or so I thought- gate). I have never been so scared in my life! So I totally know how you feel! And you reminded me of why I hated the lever handles in our old house--luckily this house has plain old knobs! LOL

The Kern Family said...

that is truly amazing. i absolutely love that lil guy!!!!!

About Us

My photo
"Yankee Born...Southern Living" Christine: Born and raised in Naugatuck, CT. I moved to SC to be closer to my dad when he retired. I am a graduate of Southern Connecticut with a degree in Liberal Studies. I currently work for Merrill Lynch and Old Navy but being a mom is the best job I have ever had. Gene: Claims to have grown up in NY but he spent most of his life in CT. He graduated from Taconic Hills and then headed to Porter and Chester for a trade in automotive- that he has never used. Gene currently works at Osprey Marina and loves spending his days outside with boats. He is also training to be a volunteer fireman. JC: Is the perfect toddler...or atleast he is in my eyes. He is still on a schedule that you can tell time by. He love country music, dancing to whatever beat he can find, helping with chores, and reading.