Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Visit to Labor and Delivery

FALSE ALARM...kind of. I started having contractions on Sunday afternoon about 1:30 but with no real pattern and not alot of pain just some extreme discomfort. So by 7pm that night we used what we learned the day before in class and headed to the hospital.

After being monitored for about 2 hours my cervix has softened and I am having prelabor contractions. YEAH!!!! Question is for how long do I get to have these contractions...only baby knows for sure. I basically feel like I have the weight of several rocks on the front of me and one GIANT menstraul cramp taking over my whole abdomen. Not much I can do but go to work, clean the house, and be as normal as possible while I wait.

I feel great otherwise and our next prenatal appointment is tomorrow (6/18) so stay tuned for whatever is to come on this wonderful journey of Holy Crap just get this kid out of me.

I think I may head to Wal-Mart for a brisk walk since many women seem to have their water break there. Or will be trying a few natural ways to induce labor besides walking...let me know what your suggestions are.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

here is my suggestion. have sex. his sperm is full of prostaglandins which are the same prostaglandins used for inductions that are inserted into the woman at the hospital. it works. takes about 24 hours. take it from the OB/GYN nurse! :-) we see it all the time....

Amy said...

Being 12 days overdue with Kiah, we tried everything!--Except Castor Oil, that'll just give you the runs. Lots of sex, a pedicure, a FootZoning massage, lots of walking, walking stratling the curb, nothing worked! I don't know how long she would've stayed in if I wasn't induced! That said, I did at least have some Braxton-Hicks after the curb stratling. Oh, and don't try bouncing on the trampoline, I heard it will just make you sore! Good luck--hopefully JC's not as stubborn as Kiah was. With Halle my water just broke a week early--no contractions first or anything, so there's hope.

About Us

My photo
"Yankee Born...Southern Living" Christine: Born and raised in Naugatuck, CT. I moved to SC to be closer to my dad when he retired. I am a graduate of Southern Connecticut with a degree in Liberal Studies. I currently work for Merrill Lynch and Old Navy but being a mom is the best job I have ever had. Gene: Claims to have grown up in NY but he spent most of his life in CT. He graduated from Taconic Hills and then headed to Porter and Chester for a trade in automotive- that he has never used. Gene currently works at Osprey Marina and loves spending his days outside with boats. He is also training to be a volunteer fireman. JC: Is the perfect toddler...or atleast he is in my eyes. He is still on a schedule that you can tell time by. He love country music, dancing to whatever beat he can find, helping with chores, and reading.