Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Delivery...what really happened

OK since I have a few moments while JC is sleeping I'll let you know how it all went down.

I went to the OB on Monday (you can see picture below) and doctor gerber helped things along by stripping some membranes...kind of gross when you think about it. Well by the time we got home I popped a few tylenol and did some laundry. By 8:30pm when I was trying to watch the season finally of the Bachelorette I started contractions. They were coming about 20 minutes apart so I didn't miss to much though I still don't understand why she decided that Jessie was the man for her. Anyway I digress...at about 11:30pm contractions were coming 4 minutes apart so after an hour we said good bye to Miss Minnie and headed to the hospital.

When I got there I was 5cm dilated. So after being monitored for awhile Gene and I walked the halls, had an ice pop and at 4:30am I was 6cm dilated. This is when I caved and wanted sleep more than anything so I got the epidural. Honestly I HATE needles but Dr. Thomas was so good at his job that I had no issues. So I took a good nap and waited things about. By noon I was 10cm dilated but wanted to bare down so JC could be further in the birth canal. Didn't work so at 2:00pm I started pushing...let me tell you this kid didn't want to budge. At 3:30pm Dr. Lasery came in and said she was going to vaccum him out. This didn't work well so she let me know an episiotomy was in my future...just what I always wanted. Wouldn't have been so bad except when she tried vaccuming again and with my kids not so small head I had some rippage. FUN!!! Well after more pushing JC entered the world at 4:40pm.

Was it worth it in the end...YES!!!! He is perfect in everyway.

Over all my recovery hasn't been to bad. I actually feel great. I have been to walmart and out on my dad's boat (pictures to follow tomorrow of JC adventure).

No comments:

About Us

My photo
"Yankee Born...Southern Living" Christine: Born and raised in Naugatuck, CT. I moved to SC to be closer to my dad when he retired. I am a graduate of Southern Connecticut with a degree in Liberal Studies. I currently work for Merrill Lynch and Old Navy but being a mom is the best job I have ever had. Gene: Claims to have grown up in NY but he spent most of his life in CT. He graduated from Taconic Hills and then headed to Porter and Chester for a trade in automotive- that he has never used. Gene currently works at Osprey Marina and loves spending his days outside with boats. He is also training to be a volunteer fireman. JC: Is the perfect toddler...or atleast he is in my eyes. He is still on a schedule that you can tell time by. He love country music, dancing to whatever beat he can find, helping with chores, and reading.