Thursday, July 31, 2008

What a week

Well it's been a few days so let me fill you all in. JC had his 2-3 week doctor's appointment on Monday. He is now 9.1 lbs and 21 1/2 inches. Due to a protein allergy we had to change his formula to a MUCH MORE EXPENSIVE kind called Nutramigen. It is put out by Enfamil but because the proteins are already broken down it cost double what the regular formula cost. The price of loving your child. So if you are trying to decide what to get us for Christmas I would like gift cards to buy formula or just formula in general.

So we have spent the week going through new formula adjustment...this means there has been little rest/sleep and LOTS of spit up.

I must say once again I have THE BEST HUSBAND IN THE WORLD. As a gift this week he took JC upstairs for the night, turned off the monitor, the night light, the CD player and left me to sleep a full night in peace and quiet. He took all feedings/changings and left me get some much needed sleep. I think JC likes me better when I am well rested too.

Stayed tuned for picture postings I have a bunch to download when I get another free minute but until then I must get lunch into the little guy.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I feel your pain, girl. I had to supplement formula with Halle in the beginning cuz I didn't have enough milk. They were worried about allergies and we had to use the very expensive one by Similac--Alemuntium or something. It was horrible--she cried all the time, had gas, spit up... you know. I was so glad when I could go back to nursing exclusively. With Kiah, we've found this stuff called Colic Calm online--it's gripe water for colic, gas, Gerd, etc. It's awesome! We give her a 1/2 tsp at night and she's not fussy and sleeps great. The only downside is it's black and stains, so all her jammies are stained but it's so worth it! You might want to give it a try. Oh, and total props to Gene for treating you to some sleep--what a great guy!

About Us

My photo
"Yankee Born...Southern Living" Christine: Born and raised in Naugatuck, CT. I moved to SC to be closer to my dad when he retired. I am a graduate of Southern Connecticut with a degree in Liberal Studies. I currently work for Merrill Lynch and Old Navy but being a mom is the best job I have ever had. Gene: Claims to have grown up in NY but he spent most of his life in CT. He graduated from Taconic Hills and then headed to Porter and Chester for a trade in automotive- that he has never used. Gene currently works at Osprey Marina and loves spending his days outside with boats. He is also training to be a volunteer fireman. JC: Is the perfect toddler...or atleast he is in my eyes. He is still on a schedule that you can tell time by. He love country music, dancing to whatever beat he can find, helping with chores, and reading.