Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Serving Proudly for 9 Years

On January 27, 2000 I raised my right hand and said these words:

"I, Christine Mihalik, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

Check me out





This is when I graduated in June 2000. My best friend Lenny was at Lackland for tech school, he graduated BMT 2 weeks before me. It was great to have a friendly face in the crowds.

These are my training instructors

Mom booked Dad a flight to come see my graduate.

I am forever thankful. Look how proud he is.

See me in the front as squad leader. Second one on the left.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Wow, you're old!! J/K That so awesome! Happy anniversary! I didn't know you and Lenny were there together, that's really cool. Thanks for serving our country!

Lenny said...

Congrats Christine! I feel so special to be on your blog. I was happy to have you there also. 9 years, I can't believe it. How time flies. Feels like yesterday we were starting ROTC, making rank, being Chiefs together, running drill teams. Not to mention growing up together. We have some great memories. Can you believe it's our 10 year reunion this year?! We need to catch up, it's been a while. Glad all is well. Tell Gene, Big Rich and R.J. I said hello and give lil man a kiss for me.

About Us

My photo
"Yankee Born...Southern Living" Christine: Born and raised in Naugatuck, CT. I moved to SC to be closer to my dad when he retired. I am a graduate of Southern Connecticut with a degree in Liberal Studies. I currently work for Merrill Lynch and Old Navy but being a mom is the best job I have ever had. Gene: Claims to have grown up in NY but he spent most of his life in CT. He graduated from Taconic Hills and then headed to Porter and Chester for a trade in automotive- that he has never used. Gene currently works at Osprey Marina and loves spending his days outside with boats. He is also training to be a volunteer fireman. JC: Is the perfect toddler...or atleast he is in my eyes. He is still on a schedule that you can tell time by. He love country music, dancing to whatever beat he can find, helping with chores, and reading.