Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Where does the time go

Nine years ago tomorrow I thought I was going to meet some friends at our local country bar, Illussions. Little did I know I would be introduced to my future husband. Sure it took us some time to get around to dating but January 29, 2000 is the day I met Gene. Even though he knew it could lead no where, I was engaged to someone else, he asked me to dance- My Best Friend by Tim McGraw (later to be our wedding song). We talked and laughed and spent hours after talking in the Walmart parking lot only to leave me sneaking into my house moments before my father for up at 5:30am. What can I say a deep and meaningful friend bloomed and grew into love.

Here are some pictures from our early years as friends.
At Illussions on Friday night.
At Walmart where Gene used to work and I used to stop by frequently.
At his sister Mona's just hanging out
This is the day I got home from tech school. I am a tad no sober in this picture. Please don't judge I just saw my mom in the hospital.

This a picture a few weeks after we started dating in September 2002.

Here we are on our wedding day, September 17, 2004

It's been a journey these past 9 years but we have been through it all as best friends by each others side. I love you buggy!

1 comment:

Amy said...

First of all, Congratulations! Second of all, Holy Cow! Who else were you engaged to?? What all did I miss the few years we lost contact? Appearantly we still have a lot of catching up to do!!

About Us

My photo
"Yankee Born...Southern Living" Christine: Born and raised in Naugatuck, CT. I moved to SC to be closer to my dad when he retired. I am a graduate of Southern Connecticut with a degree in Liberal Studies. I currently work for Merrill Lynch and Old Navy but being a mom is the best job I have ever had. Gene: Claims to have grown up in NY but he spent most of his life in CT. He graduated from Taconic Hills and then headed to Porter and Chester for a trade in automotive- that he has never used. Gene currently works at Osprey Marina and loves spending his days outside with boats. He is also training to be a volunteer fireman. JC: Is the perfect toddler...or atleast he is in my eyes. He is still on a schedule that you can tell time by. He love country music, dancing to whatever beat he can find, helping with chores, and reading.